ZONA HUSSEY-SMITH – CONSULTANT AND CULTURAL SPECIALIST
Certificate IV – Small Business
Foundations of Leadership
Project Management (single unit of study)
Diploma of Business (Frontline Management)
Diploma Training and Assessment Systems
Certified Trainer for Crossing Cultures (Modules 1-3)
Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training
- More than 25 years in project management and leadership positions
- Extensive experience working with Indigenous communities
- Community Development practitioner
- Small enterprise development
- Economic and industry development
- Education, training and professional development facilitator
- Team leader and active team player
- Innovator and project driver
A hands-on line management executive with over 25 years’ experience, Zona Hussey-Smith provides demonstrable planning and leadership skills. Extensive knowledge and understanding of project management, economic and enterprise development, means Zona is an invaluable resource in Indigenous strategies for “closing the gap”.
Zona continues to expand her professional knowledge through life-long learning; committing herself to the creation of value through strategic, innovative and visionary thinking. Due to the efficacy of her performance, her services have been in high demand across districts.
Her continued successes demonstrate her ability complete each task as it presents itself. Zona has well evidenced competencies managing complex evolving organizational structures and relationships. Through leadership, knowledge, mentoring, motivation and communication, Zona ensures that her practical support and advocacy for social justice is proactive, principled and above all respected.
Zona has wide ranging experience in managing local and regional projects, the development and delivery of professional skill sets and training as well as the management of major events across a wide range of focus areas. Her family background and community development activities featured both performing and visual arts within a rural and regional context, so is well placed in delivering similar events.
Most recent achievements:-
- Initiated and managed the establishment of Murri Munchies Ltd, creating a new Indigenous run industry for the region. Facilitating the development of Indigenous business in the areas of agriculture, agribusiness and culture; secured more than $400,000 for projects
- Member of project management team – Great Sandy Biosphere Indigenous Natural Resource Management Team – secured funding to engage 3 x full time Indigenous trainees
- Successful development and management of the Wide Bay Burnett Indigenous Enterprise Development Program (Joint Qld and Federal Government initiative) – established 33 new businesses; assisted 45 existing businesses, created 83 jobs, trained 168 people
- Facilitated professional development workshops for artists in Cherbourg around business development, marketing and pricing of works.
- Assisted individual artists from Bundaberg and Cherbourg, to access markets and negotiate royalty contracts for reproductions of their works – Secured long term contract with Megatoy and WW Souvenirs for an Indigenous Artist. Assisted artists through the process of exhibiting works in a variety of local galleries
- Professional Development incl. Codes of Conduct; Preparing a Successful Business Case; Student Protection; Mediation; Negotiation; Strategic Leadership and Culture; Community Accountability Conferencing